Friday, January 1, 2010

"January"

Not predictable. Timely. ;-)



The original version by Pilot, sung by another David.



Love the Scottish accent, Mr. Paton, but I prefer David Cassidy's sultry vocals. What say YOU, dear blog readers? Is there a verse missing in DC's version? The lyrics seem different between the two. Oh and if anyone can explain the lyrics to me, I'd be much obliged.

(How long before Disney gets one of its current teen idols to cover this song? It's just as catchy as "Magic", another Pilot hit, which Selena Gomez covered last year. Don't know who Selena Gomez is? You ARE old ;-))

5 comments:

LuckyB. said...

It´s too bad,can´t view most of the videos of David you posted,DD.It worked a couple of month ago, think something with the copyright of Sonymusic and YT changed in this country.Pity!!!

Haven´t heard David´s version of January,so can´t compare it to David Paton but sure enough DC interprets it great with his magic sultry voice.

Yes,DD,"Magic", sung by Pilot, IS catchy.Like it.Remember that song very well.

...and never heard of Selena Gomez... really, it IS time to accept I am old,eh? ;-))

Happy New Year!!

Daydreaming David said...

Happy New Year, LuckyB.

So annoying about the videos! I might have another idea to get around this - email me if you'd like to try. The first video I embedded is a slide show created by a fan, so Sony shouldn't be involved in that. And I don't understand how YT can restrict this either.

British fan said...

I remember this song from Pilot, I was around 13. Liked it but DC's version is much better. The original sounds too high, like Barry Gibb. Not sure what the song lyrics actually mean. From what I remember, songs from the early seventies had what I fondly call nonsense lyrics, that dont seem to mean much. It was more about catchy tunes in those days!

singmedavid said...

I would really like to know what was going on in that January video at 1:12 when David was flipping the bird to the cameraman. LOL! I almost missed it because it's down in the left-bottom corner.

I love those pictures of him performing at the end of that video.

Of course, I much prefer David's version. I like that term "nonsense lyrics", British Fan. I don't really get them either.

singmedavid said...

Oh! Forgot to say, thanks for posting DD! I enjoyed it!!!