Thursday, December 31, 2009

Passionate resolutions

It's the end of another year. Feel any older? After reading the text below, you might feel just plain old. Someone forwarded me this un-credited list recently - it's probably appeared in your mailbox too by now - and I modified it slightly.
The people who are starting university this year were born in 1991.
They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.
Their lifetime has always included AIDS.
The compact disc was introduced eight years before they were born.
They have always had an answering machine.
They have always had email.
They have always had cell phones.
They have always had the Internet.
They have always had VCRs and video cameras.
They have always had cable.
They never swam in the ocean and thought about Jaws.
They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.
Now do you feel old? Sorry about that.

Anyway, my point with all this? Time flies. Spend what you can of it on what thrills you. If you don't know what thrills you (besides David, of course), I hope that you find it in the New Year.

Here's David wishing us passion.
Don't let the time fool ya
It's got a way of slippin by

If you let it it's gonna rule ya

And leave you high and dry

It's too easy to get lazy

If you don't use what you got

It might even drive you crazy

So get up and move and get hot

-
"On Fire", written by David Cassidy and Bill House


8 comments:

British fan said...

Thanks for that list. My daughter was born in 1991 and that list is SO true!

Love that video too, David is so happy and enjoying himself.

My New Year's resolution is to do my very best to see him this year. He needs to post a few more concert dates to make it easier for me!!!

Happy New Year

Daydreaming David said...

Good luck with your resolution, British fan! Crossing my fingers it happens for you.

My resolution concerning David has to do with your previous comment: find a way to get some airplay for his music. Might deal with this in a separate entry.

British fan said...

You may still be able to purchase the RCA albums from www.sonymusic.co.jp. It may work out a little pricy with import duty but they're worth it. The site's in Japanese but if you type David Cassidy in the box in right hand corner his music will appear and it should link to the shop. That's where I got mine. Actually what I did not realise is that if you say your purchases are a gift you do not pay import duty apparantly. I received them very quickly. Good luck.

Daydreaming David said...

Thanks for the info, Bf. Just checked the Sony site. "Home..." and "Gettin' it..." are both sold out but they have "The Higher they Climb..." and "Dreams..." in stock. I just ordered "Dreams" from Amazon. I do have a birthday coming up so I might be able to get "The Higher..." :)

British fan said...

Wow! Sold out. Guess that just proves Mr Cassidy is still popular in some quarters. The Japanese love him anyhow!

singmedavid said...

Thanks for posting those lyrics, DD. How appropriate for the New Year this video is!!!

I LOVE this song and watching this video. David performs in the spirit of the song!! It's pretty cool when he looks directly at the camera. He is so beautiful here with his youth, energy, and sparkly eyes. And he looks pretty hot in those red leather pants!! LOL!

Clodyne said...

The video has been removed.I just saw that tonight while I was on my YT page.Another one who got caught with copyright??

Daydreaming David said...

Thanks for letting me know Clodyne. I'll adjust post accordingly later.