Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"It's Time That I Knew Better"

I just realized yesterday that this song was among those "lost" Partridge Family songs, i.e. songs that were played in an episode but weren't committed to vinyl back then. A criminal shame. It is one of their better ones (another Terry Cashman/Tommy West contribution) and David's vocals here? Holey Moley. I gasped at the second word. One friggin' word and I'm jelly. If that's not power, I don't know what is.

Now, the video embedded below was acting up last night. If it stops before the end, don't panic. The song's been uploaded by others - this upload seems to have the most gasp-eliciting beginning though - so just search for it. It can also be found on "David Cassidy's Partridge Family Favorites" sold as part of a $100 set on his website. Wondering what other songs are on the album? Trusty Jane's Downunder Fansite to the rescue. (Guess providing that info on DC's site would have jacked up the package's price too much.) Note that "Warm My Soul" is not DC's version from "Rock Me Baby"; it's a Partridge Family one, so in effect, this twelve-song album offers us four new PF songs. Well, three real new ones and a finally-available-to-fans! fourth one.

5 comments:

SLK said...

Ooh, a new PF song that I never heard! How fun! Thanks, DD!

It's very sweet, innocent music, for sure. Really the kind of song to sing to kids. A shame the "bubblegum" description has such a stigma, and that DC had such a hard time transitioning out of it (and ultimately failed in that, IMO)

British fan said...

I love this too. Where does all of this early music come from anyhow? Does it all come from obscure compilation albums, not that I'm complaining. I love hearing them all and thanks DD for posting this one.

Daydreaming David said...

British fan, the three most recent songs I posted (Love is all that I ever Needed, Sweetness and Mystical Lady) are from the same compilation album: David Cassidy's Partridge Family Favorites. It's part of a set for sale on his website.

singmedavid said...

I've never heard this either! His voice does sound great!

As usual, I have some observations. 1:35 has to be one of the worst pictures I've seen of him. It doesn't even look like him. I love that picture at 1:49 with those lipstick marks. That looks so...sexy on him. And the shadows of his eyelashes on his cheekbones at 1:56. That is just a crime!!!

Thanks DD!!

Daydreaming David said...

Mixed up my songs: my message to British fan should have read "It's Time that I Knew You Better" and not "Love is All that I ever Needed". Sorry for the confusion. "Love is All that I Ever Needed" does NOT appear on DC's PF Favorites album.