Monday, December 14, 2009

My Christmas Card to You

I've mailed out my Season's Greetings to friends and family, so this is "My Christmas Card to You", dear blog readers. Can someone's best holiday wishes be expressed any better than this?

"To you and all your family, your neighbors and your friends
May all your days be happy with a joy that never ends
May peace and love surround you
At Christmas time and all the whole year through
May your life be filled with sunshine, may your every wish come true

May you find the sweet fulfillment in everything you do

May your days be blessed with the very very best

Both now and the whole year through"

Thank you Tony Romeo for another classic song.

Here's David, singing it THEN to "yew":



And, NOW, live in 2007. Thanks to SumerKis for posting both videos.

7 comments:

SLK said...

Wow, in the second clip he sang it all the way through just the way through just the way he did it originally, and he didn't forget the words, and didn't turn it into a disco remix, and it sounded beautiful. What a sweet surprise. I just don't expect that of him anymore. Thanks for finding those!

Also, anyone know if the Christmas episode is posted on the internet anywhere? I never saw it...probably because we're Jewish...it was the one PF album I wasn't allowed to have. I'm a grown-up girl now, though, and I can watch whatever I want!

British fan said...

Thank you - loved both clips and yes he did well in the Enid version. Still a good performer.

As a gal who normally wouldn't touch xmas songs with a bargepole I succumbed and now have this cd. LOL! David sings the songs so well what can I say?

Thanks for all the blogs DD and the recent festive posts are lovely. Hope you have a great Xmas. I'm sure you will with a little one around the house!

Peace and love
xxx

LuckyB. said...

I can´t watch the first clip in my country.Too bad!!

Thank you DD for your blog. Keep up the good work!I send the best Xmas wishes to you and to everyone out there.

...and yes,

Peace and love,from me too.

singmedavid said...

Thanks DD!!! I enjoyed these. Thanks for gracing us with your wonderful blog posts about David!! Happy Holidays to you and all who read this blog too!!

Daydreaming David said...

SLK, the Christmas episode WAS posted on YT but it's been removed due to copyright.

LuckyB, sorry that you can't view the clip in your country. I know how annoying that is! Perhaps the direct link to the video could work?

Thanks for your good wishes everyone.

Lucky B. said...

No,DD,the direct linc does not work:-(
Anyhow....a couple of weeks ago I bought the cd " A Partridge Family Christmas Card" from Amazon.
Some of the songs sounds not that special to me BUT even so his voice is unique!
How I love his voice "then"...
And even in the second clip you posted,his voice is still great.He sings very well!!

Daydreaming David said...

Lucky B., I'm planning on getting myself the "Christmas Card" album as well, just for David's voice! Since you have the album, don't worry about not seeing the first clip I posted. It's that album's version of "My Christmas Card to You".