Sunday, February 14, 2010

Daydreaming David Loves Comments!

I've been a very lucky blogger with loyal, articulate and respectful readers whose enthusiastic posting should not be taken for granted. Reader comments enrich this blog and I hope these tips and guidelines make it easier for everyone to participate:

Have content suggestions?
I welcome ideas for blog entries though I can't guarantee that I will use them all. Email me any suggestions, rather than introducing a new topic in an unrelated post, and I will reply.

Please stay on topic
It's a bit of a shame when comments veer off topic because not everyone subscribes to comments and others might miss your information if it's buried in comments. As much as blog comments allow us to converse, they don't replace fan forums where everyone can start and steer a new topic of discussion.

English isn't your mother tongue?
Please don't let that stop you from commenting! If you're worried about getting your message across clearly, you could email it to me for "polishing". I'll send it back to you for final approval and posting. You could also write your comment in your native tongue and use a machine translation engine such as www.freetranslation.com to get the "gist" of it in English and send it to me for editing before posting it. It would be my pleasure to assist any reader this way; just keep your comments concise, please. I have no time to edit "War & Peace" ;-)

Don't be Anonymous!
Chatting with various "Anonymous" personalities is annoying, sorry. Please use a name when posting - it's the third option in the list: name/url. There is no need to enter a URL. The form works with only a name. It doesn't have to be your real name, just as long as you use the same one every time. You don't want us to think you were so unloved as a newborn that your parents didn't even bother naming you, do you? ;-)

Respect David Cassidy's talent
You are reading this blog because you admire David Cassidy's talent, THEN and/or NOW. I will not tolerate comments from anyone who seems to have an agenda of disrespecting him as a person. If all your comments point to flaws in his personality and never praise his actual work, your participation will raise red flags and I reserve to right to ban your participation and delete your comments.

Don't post gossip as gospel
Gossip about celebrities will always exist. Know the difference between truth and gossip and post accordingly.

You'd like to insert a hyperlink in your comment?

Learn how here.

Lastly, please know that I am very grateful to have such a great community of David Cassidy fans with whom to share my musings. I don't respond to every comment but I do read every one of them. I aim for a new blog entry every couple of days - sometimes, I'm more prolific, other times, not so much. It's called life. :-) If you're looking for real-time David Cassidy news coverage: Google is your friend. It might happen that I report on his news and keep on top of it for a stretch, but it's not my aim with this blog and I certainly can't guarantee it 24/7 for very long. If and when I do, I'll change my blog's name to "David Cassidy News Central". ;-)

Thank you again for your sincere participation - to paraphrase Fleetwood Mac, you make blogging fun.

4 comments:

racehorses said...

I think some peopl may have witnessed events that, even if they admired his past talent, it caused them to turn.
This blog may seems to be full of ideas that could continue his career.
Some are at the conclusion that he should retire.
One idea for a topic should be is he should retire or continue with a career in show business.
It may not be doing him or his past
fans any favors to continue.

British fan said...

Thanks for making things clearer DD. I have a habit of rambling and going off track at times myself. Anything to make the discussion flow more easily. I love a healthy debate.

Personally I love hearing different viewpoints as long as they're fairly respectiful and polite. Since I haven't seen David in concert yet I like reading comments from those who have, especially fans who have been seeing his concerts regularly since the 70's. Hopefully we all have his best interests at heart, even if we see things differently.

Daydreaming David said...

Thanks for your comment, racehorses. I understand if some people have experienced events that caused them to now dislike DC. It's their experience; not my place to judge their feelings. They are even welcome to share their experience here AS IT RELATES TO A BLOG ENTRY. It's those people who never seem to praise his work and only comment on his character that I want avoiding this blog. Make sense? Thank you for your topic idea.

Glad you appreciated this post, British fan. I thought that by stating things clearly it might encourage those readers who never comment to participate. As with most blogs, only a small percentage of readers actually leave comments.

Lexie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.