Friday, April 23, 2010

It WAS Extraordinary for That Time

"In 1970, the top pop-radio station in Cedar Rapids was the first in the nation to play "I Think I Love You" -- a song from "The Partridge Family" -- and it became the biggest-selling record of the year, Mr. Cassidy recalled in a recent interview.

"It had never happened before -- went nowhere to No. 1 in one week. It created such a buzz," he said. "I haven't been to Iowa in forever. I want to pay respects and homage to those people who have been such fans of mine.""
Mr. Cassidy is getting good press these days. No excessive boasting, just true statements expressed with lots of enthusiasm. I like this guy. Oh, and did you notice? The Partridge Family Rock Band is mentioned. Sorry, but I'll need the actual product in hand to convince me that it's not an April's Fool joke. Yeah, I'm that cynical.

4 comments:

singmedavid said...

That was a good article! Thanks!

Yeah, I see what you mean about the Rock Band. It doesn't seem like he said anything about that in this article. It was more the journalist who found the original article and wrote a little intro to "David's quote" copied verbatim from here.

I haven't been able to get any official confirmation of this so I'm also not getting my hopes up. I think it's a good idea though!

British fan said...

Perhaps he's happier now that 60th birthday is done and dusted. Long may it continue! Thanks for posting the article.

Barbara - Just David said...

The Rock Band thing was an April Fools joke. Even on Rock Band website forum they say so.

Daydreaming David said...

I thought this article was done in a positive light which is why I posted the link to it. That said, I expect the journalist was young and not very knowledgeable about DC. At the end of the article, there is a blurb on his showbiz family but his mother isn't mentioned. A rare omission, no? So I wasn't surprised to realize that the journalist parroted the info about Rock Band. I doubt much research went into this piece.