Monday, October 5, 2009

I Need This. Santa, do you hear me?

Ok, so I don't "need" it. I need food, water, air, love and a strong sense of self or whatever else is on that pyramid scheme Abraham Maslow had going. I want this. But on a certain spiritual level, I need it too.

The two male celebrities who left the biggest impression on me photographed together. (Right click on the title and open in a new window.) This picture is so cool on so many levels for me. Where to start? David Cassidy was my first celebrity crush, a man whose looks back then make me ache for a time machine and a genie to grant me three wishes today. Arnold Schwarzenegger has been the epitome of discipline to me ever since I discovered bodybuilding in 1980.

How did they meet? I wonder if they are at Arnold's place here? Probably. It looks like a picture of Joe Weider on the wall. They could be at his buddy's place. The picture was taken in 1977, so in that post-PF, pre-Man Undercover, "low period". David looks a bit "mellow" here, no? Might have something to do with what's in the bottle Arnie's holding. Funny to see these two physical opposites next to each other. Cassidy doesn't look as small as one would expect next to the "Austrian Oak". Well, the camera does add ten pounds. ;-)

Thank you, Mr. Diltz, for another amazing photograph. Order your own print here.

No comments: