Saturday, August 22, 2009

I'm trying, really I am...

to like Ruby & The Rockits but it's about as easy as toilet training my strong-willed three year old.

I tuned it for David Cassidy (gasp!) but I'm not liking David Gallagher one bit. His character is beyond caricature and I've yet to feel any inkling of humanity in him. The latest episode had him in the most inane exchange with Audie that it was laughable for all the wrong reasons. "Pick me up a rotisserie chicken."?!? Did he even say please? And what's with the spider monkey in the tree never mind breaking out your own daughter to become potential jailbait for a stranger (as cute and inoffensive as the guy looked, he was a 19-yr old stranger!)?

Love the premise of the show, think Alexa Vega has a lovely voice, happy to have discovered Patrick Cassidy (yum!), Austin Butler is teen magazine cover material for sure, the music rocks, but the rest? Pffft. The actress who plays Audie delivers her lines with such stiffness, you'd think she eats starch for breakfast. Yes, there are funny lines but the scenarios are stilted and the cast dynamic is somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle. I can't believe how much David Cassidy has hyped this show, going on and on about how it's the best he's ever done, how every cast member hits it out of the park with every line, etc.

Crossing fingers and toes this show ramps up and captures my heart SOON. I really want a hit for our man DC.

No comments: