Monday, August 3, 2009

"I saw Hendrix five, six times..."

David Cassidy has often said this in interviews, especially in biographical ones, and it always makes me laugh. Dude, could you ever imagine that one day women would be going to see YOU perform HUNDREDS of times, never mind five or six?!?! And you thought you were fanatical?

Fans will brag about seeing all his performances that night or week and some fans will travel halfway across the globe to see him perform just about anywhere, even if it's in the middle of nowhere. At his recent Peterborough Festival of Lights concert, fans from Japan and Australia came to see him. If you know where Peterborough is, chances are you're Canadian. Otherwise, it's Peter-who?

He's a great live performer but David NOW doesn't have the same stage presence as David THEN and from the clips I've seen on YouTube, his concert shtick is repetitive. His play list doesn't vary much and neither does his chatter between songs. Not sure I'd pay to see him perform live now (gasp!). And I still call myself a fan (tsk, tsk).

No comments: