Friday, May 15, 2009

It's my blog and I'll write if I want to...


A blog about David Cassidy!? Why on earth?

-He was my first crush: a man seventeen years my senior who made my heart flutter and race at an age when I could barely guess at the mechanics of sex. What type of phenomenon is that?! Of all my teen idol crushes, his pictures are the only ones that don't elicit "What the hell was I thinking?!" when I look at them now. Oh NO. No need to wonder. I'd wonder if I hadn't fallen for him!


-He is an icon who indelibly marked a generation yet his name garners snickers and rolled eyes from anyone who didn't fall under his spell during his heyday. You can't appreciate what you don't know.


-He is a performer with extremely loyal and rabid fans who never lost sight of him and diligently followed his career for three decades post-Partridge Family. There's got to be more about him than his pretty good looks. I am not among his thousands of über-loyal, unconditional fans - I lost track of him after The Partridge Family and am now rediscovering him and his talent. As I do, I realize that he is a vastly underrated performer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that those that never fell under his spell back in his heyday are always vulnerable!!! Just flash them a couple of his sexist pictures with some of his best singing. I've seen young people post that they think he was so beautiful and love his voice and wish that they were alive in the 70s. I really liked the songs and his voice, thought he was cute, but didn't get to watch that many PF episodes and completely missed craze!! Now, that I see and hear so much about him on the web, I totally get it 40 years later. KC