Thursday, July 2, 2009

"Oh, The Places You'll Go"

Every time I read this Dr. Seuss book to my daughter, I think of David Cassidy and his career. You know the story, right? It's about the ups and downs of life.

"Fame! You’ll be famous as famous can be,
with the whole wide world watching you win on TV.
Except when they don’t.
Because, sometimes, they won’t.
I’m afraid that some times
you’ll play lonely games too."

I looked it up on YouTube to see if there was a good reading of it and found a most disappointing one by Harrison Ford.

I'd love to hear David read this story. He could put so much heart into it - it would be a classic in no time. I have the Billy & Blaze recorded stories and think they're all fabulous. Mind you, I'd listen to the man read a menu or a phone book. What personality in that voice!

This is one of my favourite YouTube comments about his voice: "David Cassidy's voice is, hands down, one of the most able and personality-filled voices in recent memory -- he's an incredible talent." Well said, Bub4055, well said! If you want to know, I'll happily tell you which video clip of a young David sparked that comment. Here's hoping it's still innocuously posted on YT...

No comments: